Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sentimental Sunday: Baby Shower, 1957

This picture was probably taken around this date 56 years ago.  It's a baby shower for my mother before I was born.  Her four Pape sisters-in-law are in the photo - and every one of them is pregnant!  My Pape grandmother is in the photo too.

From the left:  Rose Mary Pape Dietz (expecting her third child, my cousin Ruth), Elizabeth Florence Massmann Pape, Elizabeth "Betty" Marie Pape Streff (expecting her fifth child, my cousin Tom), my mother Geraldine Margaret Guokas Pape (expecting her first child, me!), Marilyn Electa Pape Hedger (just behind my mother, expecting her second child, my cousin Joe), and Dolores "Lorrie" Frances Olker Pape (expecting her second child, my cousin Donna).

I just noticed - one of my cousins appears to be trying to hide under the sofa as this photo is being taken.  See the little arm on the sofa seat in the bottom right?  I also think this person is wearing a dress, and based on her size, it is probably one of these cousins:  Beth, Shelley, or Terrie.

© Amanda Pape - 2013 - click here to e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment