Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Happy 82nd Birthday, Mom!

My mother, Geraldine Margaret Guokas Pape, was born on October 19, 1928, in Houston, Texas, at 2215 Shearn (south of Interstate 10 and west of Interstate 45 and downtown Houston).

This photo is one of my favorites of her as a young girl.  She thinks this photo was taken around 1936, when she was eight years old.  The back of the portrait indicates that it was taken at Foley Bros., which at that time was the largest department store in Houston and located in the 400 block of Main Street.

Her dress in this photo was made by my maternal grandmother, Sara Wolfe Guokas Archibald.

She and Dad are still going strong; they leave tomorrow on a trip to Rochester, New York, for my cousin's daughter's wedding.

© Amanda Pape - 2010

1 comment:

  1. Great picture, AP! I love those ringlets, and she has such a confident look.
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete