Wednesday, March 27, 2013

(Not-So-) Wordless Wednesday: Easter (and My Birthday) in Germany, 1982

In April 1982, I was lucky enough to get to go to Germany. I arrived on my birthday, and spent the Easter weekend (April 8-12) in Büren with my Pape relatives there.  

I believe the eggs pictured above were given to me by my cousin Wolfgang Pape, who was artistic.  I just took black-and-white photos, because he simply decorated white eggs with intricate designs in black ink.  The top egg in all of the pictures had my name and the words ""Kusine" (Cousin) and "Ostern" (Easter) on it, among other words I can't read.

The egg on the bottom in each of the photos had my name and the phrase, "Geburstag in Deutschland" (Birthday in Germany) on it.

I managed to get these eggs home safely and kept them for a number of years, until they were finally crushed in one of my (probably cross-country) many moves.

More in the next two days about my Easter in Germany.

© Amanda Pape - 2013 - click here to e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment