Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sentimental Sunday: Aunt Lorrie


While doing some searches on Ancestry.com yesterday, I found this article (above and at left) about my godmother, my aunt Dolores "Lorrie" Olker Pape, wife of my dad's oldest brother Bob.  It was published in the January 20, 1977 edition of the Chicago Daily Herald, on pages 13 and 14. I'd like to try the recipe for Creme de Menthe Parfait!

Lorrie was born on August 25, 1929, in Chicago.  She married Bob on June 19, 1954, and they had four daughters.  She passed away December 6, 2005, in Florida.  She had made a dessert and was delivering it to a neighbor when she slipped and hit her head.  She had been battling throat cancer, but was doing well.  It makes me so sad that she died because she was doing a kindness for someone else.  I miss her.   I miss Uncle Bob (1926-2008) too.
Lorrie and Bob, March 1, 2003


Bob & Lorrie, July 1970

© Amanda Pape - 2012 - click here to e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment