Saturday, December 15, 2012

Advent Calendar: Holiday Happenings

It's the annual Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories!  I've participated the past three years (2009, 2010, and 2011), and rather than simply re-post, I'm going to link to the older posts, and - when applicable - post about something else that's somewhat related.

The prompt for today is:  December 15 – Holiday Happenings!
Often times December to mid-January birthdays and anniversaries get over shadowed by the Christmas/Hanukkah/New Year holidays. So we’re going to shine a spotlight on those family members and ancestors this time around. Select one or more December to mid-January birthdays and/or anniversaries on your family tree. Write a short tribute to or memory of those birthday guys and gals and write a toast to the anniversary couples.

My post in previous years was about my paternal grandmother, Elizabeth Florence Massmann Pape (1902-2000), who was born December 23, and my cousin Donna, who got married on January 2.  This year, I'm writing about my sister-in-law, Frances Ann Gresham Beug, whose birthday is December 27.

The photo at left was taken in or before October 1945 in Washington, D.C.  My husband, Mark Gresham, is about four years old, and Ann (as she is known) is less than a year old.

© Amanda Pape - 2012 - click here to e-mail me.

The Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories (ACCM) allows you to share your family’s holiday history 24 different ways during 24 days in December! Learn more at  http://adventcalendar.geneabloggers.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment