Friday, December 14, 2012

Advent Calendar: Food Gifts

It's the annual Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories!  I've participated the past three years (2009, 2010, and 2011), and rather than simply re-post, I'm going to link to the older posts, and - when applicable - post about something else that's somewhat related.

The prompt for today is:  December 14 – Fruitcake – Friend or Foe?
Did you like fruitcake? Did your family receive fruitcakes? Have you ever re-gifted fruitcake? Have you ever devised creative uses for fruitcake?

OK, even when I posted on this topic in the past, I talked about OTHER food gifts.  Here are some more:

This year, Mark's sister and brother-in-law in New York sent us a gallon of 100% pure organic Vermont maple syrup!  Yum!  I made pancakes right away!  His other sister and brother-in-law in Washington state sent salmon they had smoked themselves!  Yum!  Had some of that right away too (it ships quite well).

The box in the background is one of the Children's Home Society of Washington apple boxes I used to send to my parents in Texas when I lived in Washington.  They used them for storing Christmas ornaments.  Recently they downsized their Christmas tree, and passed a couple boxes down to me. 

© Amanda Pape - 2012 - click here to e-mail me.

The Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories (ACCM) allows you to share your family’s holiday history 24 different ways during 24 days in December! Learn more at http://adventcalendar.geneabloggers.com.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment