Friday, December 14, 2012

Blog Caroling: For unto us a Child is born

The incomparable f o o t n o t e M a v e n invited all the Geneabloggers to go Blog Caroling!  You're supposed to post your favorite Christmas carol.  WHAT!  Favorite!  But I don't have just ONE favorite!  Ah well, that means I can participate in Blog Caroling every year, with a different favorite each year!

This year, my choice is "For unto us a Child is born," a chorus from Handel's Messiah that is simply verse 6 of chapter 9 of the Book of Isaiah.  Recently, I posted about singing this 25 years ago. 

I wish I had a video or digital recording of our performance - but I don't.  Here are the lyrics:

For unto us a Child is born
Unto us a Son is given
And the government
Shall be upon His shoulder
And his name shall be called
Wonderful
Counselor
The Mighty God
The Everlasting Father
The Prince of Peace.

© Amanda Pape - 2012 - click here to e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment