Monday, December 24, 2012

Advent Calendar: Christmas Eve

It's the annual Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories!  I've participated the past three years (2009, 2010, and 2011), and rather than simply re-post, I'm going to link to the older posts, and - when applicable - post about something else that's somewhat related.

The prompt for today is:  December 24 – Christmas Eve
How did you, your family or your ancestors spend Christmas Eve?

In previous years I wrote about Christmas Eve traditions for my parents and in my family of origin.  I'm drafting this post up on December 22, because I suspect I'll be wrapping gifts and/or making coffee cake on Christmas Eve.

This has been a weird Christmas for me.  At this point I'm still not sure where we are going Christmas Day.  I had so much going on this year that I did not even get a tree put up this year.

Here's what Christmas Eve looked like at 7913 Cedel in Houston in 1959.  My parents must have taken this photo after my sister and I were asleep and Santa came with his haul:


© Amanda Pape - 2012 - click here to e-mail me.

The Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories (ACCM) allows you to share your family’s holiday history 24 different ways during 24 days in December! Learn more at http://adventcalendar.geneabloggers.com.

 

1 comment: