Sunday, December 23, 2012

Advent Calendar: Loved Ones Lost & Sweetheart Memories

It's the annual Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories!  I've participated the past three years (2009, 2010, and 2011), and rather than simply re-post, I'm going to link to the older posts, and - when applicable - post about something else that's somewhat related.

Given that it's almost Christmas and I am still running late (on this blog and on holiday preparations), I'm going to catch up by covering two prompts in one post today.

The prompt for yesterday was:  December 22 – Christmas and Deceased Relatives
Did your family visit the cemetery at Christmas? How did your family honor deceased family members at Christmas?

In previous years, I wrote about how various family holiday traditions remind me of my deceased relatives..

The prompt for today is:   December 23 – Christmas Sweetheart Memories
Do you have a special memory of a first Christmas present from a sweetheart? How did you spend your first Christmas together? Any Christmas engagements or weddings among your ancestors?

In previous years, I wrote about some of the gifts my sweetie gave me when we first met - way back in 1979, 1980, and 1981.  He still gets me wonderful Christmas gifts - usually an unusual piece of jewelry.  Here are some examples from 2006:
Left:  malachite and painted jasper.  Center:  Painted jasper.  Right:  mother of pearl and tiger eye.

© Amanda Pape - 2012 - click here to e-mail me.

The Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories (ACCM) allows you to share your family’s holiday history 24 different ways during 24 days in December! Learn more at http://adventcalendar.geneabloggers.com.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment