Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Advent Calendar: Christmas Gifts

 It's the annual Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories!  I've participated the past three years (2009, 2010, and 2011), and rather than simply re-post, I'm going to link to the older posts, and - when applicable - post about something else that's somewhat related.


I'm running a day behind, and you'll see why in a minute.

The prompt for yesterday was:  December 10 – Christmas Gifts
What were your favorite gifts, both to receive and to give? Are there specific gift-giving traditions among your family or ancestors?

I answered the second question in previous years when I wrote about AM Christmas and PM Christmas growing up.   This time I'm going to talk about my new favorite gift to give.

It's a Blurb.com BookSmart® blog-to-book!  I made two of these last year for my parents (since I had two years worth of posts at that time).  This year I made just one, with one year's worth of my posts (that are relevant to them).  Check out this preview of my book:



Mom is 84 and Dad is 83, and it's hard for both of them to use the computer to follow my blog.  Mom in particular was my inspiration for starting this blog.  They loved the blog books I gave them last year - so it looks like this will be a new gift-giving tradition for me.

One thing though - I need to start making the book at Thanksgiving, not December 1.  I'm kind of a perfectionist about layout (former yearbook editor!) and I spent all day yesterday (I took vacation from work) finishing this book to upload it in time to take advantage of a 20% discount and less-expensive  shipping.  Hence this post being a day late!

© Amanda Pape - 2012 - click here to e-mail me.

The Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories (ACCM) allows you to share your family’s holiday history 24 different ways during 24 days in December! Learn more at http://adventcalendar.geneabloggers.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment