Wednesday, February 9, 2022

My First Communion Dress - December 6, 1964

Continuing the theme of First Communion and the exchange of posts with my reader Aleksandra, here is a close-up picture of me on my First Communion Day, December 6, 1964.  


My mother made the dress, but the veil was store-bought (and later worn by my two sisters for their First Communions).  I can see in the photo that I am holding a prayer book and a rosary, which were probably gifts, and I also appear to be wearing a necklace, probably a religious medal.  I did get a little "remembrance" pamphlet (images of it are pictured below), but I don't remember getting something really cool like a wristwatch, as Aleksandra did in Poland!



© Amanda Pape - 2022 - e-mail me!

1 comment:

  1. You look so very pretty and happy! The dress was beautiful as well. The rosary and prayer book were blessed during the First Communion ceremony. I like your folded remembrance item :-) cute :-)

    ReplyDelete