Friday, February 4, 2022

Happy 93rd Birthday to My Dad in Heaven!


My dad, Frederick Henry Pape (1929-2017), dressed for his First Communion, probably at St. Margaret Mary Catholic Church in Chicago, Illinois, probably May 17, 1936.  The son of his first cousin Jack Bleidt (1929-1973), who was just nine days younger and was in Dad's first grade class at St. Margaret Mary Catholic School (in 1935-36), has Jack's First Communion items dated May 17, 1936 at St. Margaret Mary.  That will be the topic of a future post.


© Amanda Pape - 2022 - e-mail me!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your dad. Were there any traditions regarding the First Communion day presents?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aleksandra, my dad's cousin Jack (referred to in the post, which I just updated) received a small book (probably a prayer book; it's too small to be a Bible) from their mutual grandfather, John Pape. I imagine my dad did too. The next post I do will have pictures of these. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete