Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Wedding Wednesday: Mare and Betty, June 1954

Another picture from Uncle Bob's and Aunt Lorrie's wedding day, June 19, 1954:

In the photo below are a priest (perhaps the one who married Bob and Lorrie), Lorrie's uncle Nicholas Francis Olker (1900-1982), my cousin Marianne Streff (who was perhaps a flower girl in this wedding), and her mother Elizabeth "Betty" Mary Pape Streff (1927-2017).




This image is cropped from a Kodachrome slide found in the study of my late father, Frederick Henry Pape (1929-2017).  He was the best man for his brother Bob and probably took this picture.

ETA:  Marianne says the priest might be Father Felix Penna, "who was a family friend after being at Mayo Clinic with Grandpa and who got the family started on [saying] 'St. John Bosco, pray for us' [at the end of grace] etc."  I believe she is right.  He married my parents, and may have married all of Dad's siblings.


© Amanda Pape - 2019 - e-mail me!

No comments:

Post a Comment