Friday, June 28, 2019

Friday's Faces From the Past: Mom and Two Future Nieces, June 1954

Here are a couple more pictures from the time of Uncle Bob and Aunt Lorrie's wedding day, June 19, 1954.  In the photo below, you can see my mother, Geraldine Margaret Guokas, peeking between two of her future nieces, my first cousins Marianne ("Mare") and Rosemary ("Rho") Streff.


It looks like Mom was holding onto the girls to keep them from falling from the ledge on the front porch of the home of my grandparents, Paul Robert Pape (1896-1970) and Elizabeth Florence Massmann Pape (1902-2000), at 2093 West Lunt Avenue in Chicago, Illinois.  





Mom was engaged to my dad, Frederick Henry Pape (1929-2017), and came to Chicago with him from Houston for the wedding of his brother Bob, where Dad was best man.  These images were cropped from Kodachrome slides I found in Dad's study, and were probably taken by him.


© Amanda Pape - 2019 - e-mail me!

No comments:

Post a Comment