Sunday, June 9, 2019

Sentimental Sunday: Happy Birthday to My Aunt Moe in Heaven!



These are pictures of my aunt, Rose Mary "Moe" Pape Dietz (1931-2007), taken by her older brother, my dad, Frederick Henry Pape (1929-2017), when he was home on leave from the Air Force, in April 1953, enroute from Korea to Ellington Air Force Base in Houston, Texas.  These are cropped images from Kodachrome slides I found in Dad's study after his death.  The photos were taken on the back porch of the home of my grandparents, Paul Robert Pape (1896-1970) and Elizabeth Florence Massmann Pape (1902-2000), at 2093 West Lunt Avenue in Chicago, Illinois.  Aunt Moe has a cast on her left foot.  She had apparently either broken it, or had surgery on it.  She had polio as a child, and one leg was shorter than the other - although that never slowed her down!  She is posing with the family dog, Lucky.



© Amanda Pape - 2019 - e-mail me!

No comments:

Post a Comment