Friday, May 22, 2015

Friday's Faces From the Past: Fred, Milt, & Pep, Korea, 1953

From my dad Fred Pape's military scrapbook:


Left to right: Second Lieutenant Frederick H. "Fred" Pape, navigator-bombardier; Airman Second Class William R. "Pep" Peppers, gunner; and First Lieutenant Milton C. "Milt" Royles, pilot; also known as Night Intruder Crew #12.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to find any additional information about Pep.  He's probably a bit younger than my dad, but I don't have a birthdate or even year of birth, nor a home of record for him.

This picture was probably one of three taken on the date of Dad's 50th mission  - there are two other more-or-less formal pictures like this, one of Dad and Milt, and one of Dad alone.


© Amanda Pape - 2015 - click here to e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment