Thursday, December 19, 2013

Advent Calendar: Christmas Gifts

It's the annual Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories!  I've participated the past four years (2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012), but this year, there are some new prompts, and the sequence has changed for some old prompts used in previous years.  For the latter, in some cases I'll simply re-post, while in others, I will link to the older posts, and - when applicable - post about something else that's at least somewhat related.

The prompt for today is:  December 19 – Christmas Gifts
 
Christmas is a time to give gifts to family members, loved ones and friends as well as neighbors. What is your Christmas gift giving routine? Do you go all out with wrapping paper and ribbon? What types of gifts do you typically give? And what was the best gift you ever received for Christmas?  Tell us about Christmas gifts and your memories of Christmases past.

I wrote about some of my family's gift-giving routines in previous years when I wrote about AM Christmas and PM Christmas growing up.   My new favorite gift to give is a Blurb.com BookSmart® blog-to-book!  In 2011, I made two of these last year for my parents (since I had two years worth of posts from this blog at that time).  Last year, 2012, I made just one, with one year's worth of my posts (that are relevant to them).  I must have written a lot in 2013, as I had enough posts to make two books, one for Dad (with posts primarily related to his ancestors and relatives), and one likewise for Mom, that I will also give to her sibling, my aunt Sister Jean Marie.  Check out the previews (of the first 15 pages of the 92-page books) below:



© Amanda Pape - 2013 - click here to e-mail me.

The Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories (ACCM) allows you to share your family’s holiday history 24 different ways during 24 days in December! Learn more at http://adventcalendar.geneabloggers.com.    

No comments:

Post a Comment