Friday, December 6, 2013

Advent Calendar: Santa Claus

It's the annual Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories!  I've participated the past four years (2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012), but this year, there are some new prompts, and the sequence has changed for some old prompts used in previous years.  For the latter, in some cases I'll simply re-post, while in others, I will link to the older posts, and - when applicable - post about something else that's at least somewhat related.

The prompt for today is:  December 6 – Santa Claus.
Today is the Feast of Saint Nicholas and the origin of Santa Claus. What are your memories of Santa Claus and waiting for him to come at Christmas? What does Santa mean to you today and how do you pass along that meaning to family and to others?  Post your best Santa story and your memories of Christmases past.

My post for this prompt in 2009, 2010, and 2011 included pictures with Santa for me and my sister Karen, and my son Eric.  Last year, 2012, I included some Santa pictures for my three youngest siblings.

This year's picture is from 1994 - my youngest sister Mary holding a little Santa Claus, our nephew Nicholas (who is about five months old in this picture)

© Amanda Pape - 2013 - click here to e-mail me.

The Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories (ACCM) allows you to share your family’s holiday history 24 different ways during 24 days in December! Learn more at http://adventcalendar.geneabloggers.com.  

No comments:

Post a Comment