Thursday, December 16, 2021

Treasure Chest Thursday: Seattle Ornaments

I have WAY more Christmas tree ornaments now than I will ever need, given that I don't put up a large tree any more, and also inherited a number of ornaments from my mother.  So I thought I would write about the stories behind a few of the more interesting ones, before passing them on to the offspring.

The ones I'm writing about today are from the offspring's birth state of Washington.  The Seattle area, where the offspring grew up, is well known for the Puget Sound ferries - so of course I have a couple ferry boat ornaments, both made of wood.  This one even has little cars on it:



This one looks more like the Washington State Ferries, with the color scheme used in the time I lived up there (late 1984 to January 2006):



It was a gift from a coworker, Cheryl Robinson, who was a registered nurse who worked a couple mornings or afternoons per week at multiple schools within the Edmonds School District.  Therefore, I'm not sure if she gave this to me during the period I was working at Terrace Park K-8 (Christmas 1997 or 1998) or at Hazelwood Elementary (Christmas 2001, 2002, or 2003).



We also acquired a couple Seattle Seahawks ornaments over the years.  It's nice to see that the logo on the helmet is still used by the team today.



© Amanda Pape - 2021 - e-mail me!

No comments:

Post a Comment