Wednesday, January 16, 2019

(Not-So-) Wordless Wednesday: So This Just Happened....

...My nephew Nick Pape (on the right in the photo below) is sitting at the airport, and notices the guy next to him has the same last name.  He messages me and tells me he is sitting next to Casey Pape from Alaska, who says his Pape side is from Illinois and Germany (like ours).  Nick asks me how they are related.


I knew who Casey was, as his dad Larry and I have been corresponding since 2013, and Larry just e-mailed me on New Year's Day.  Nick and Casey are third cousins once removed.  Casey's great-grandfather Lorenz Pape (1862-1932) and Nick's great-great-grandfather John Pape (1851-1945) were brothers.  Casey's grandparents were August Peter Pape (1893-1947) and Frances A. DeMuth Pape (1902-1967).  The common ancestors for Casey and Nick are Jacob Pape and Elizabeth Gierse Pape.


© Amanda Pape - 2019 - click here to e-mail me.

4 comments:

  1. And isn't it great that Nick knew exactly who to ask about this genealogical connection?! Congratulations on getting so many generations involved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marian (and thanks for commenting!). FWIW, Larry got in touch with me thanks to this blog!

      Delete