Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Tombstone Tuesday: Long Overdue

A couple of my second cousins and I are finally getting markers for two great aunts (in their case, one is their grandmother) and a great uncle who died in 1977 and 1975.  Here is what the markers will look like:



I posted the one for Aunt Clara as hers is the only date of death I have not been able to confirm via an obituary or death record.  We have contacted the cemetery and what was hopefully the funeral home in hopes that they have something more definitive.  All I have at the moment is the SSDI which only gives November 1975, not the exact date.

Pictures will be posted once the markers are installed, in eight to ten weeks.

UPDATE 20 August 2016:  Yet another of my second cousins is related to the Cooney Funeral Home on Chicago's north side.  We knew they had handled the arrangements for his father, aunt, and grandmother (Clara's sister Martha), as well as my other great aunt Rhea, and thought they might have handled Clara's as well.  Our second cousin asked his Cooney relatives to check, and they turned up Clara's death certificate:


Their records show that Clara was buried at St. Henry's Cemetery on November 28.


© Amanda Pape - 2016 - click here to e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment