Friday, November 13, 2015

Friday's Faces From the Past: Visit with Nana and Grandpa Pape, ABT 1966

My brother recently scanned a number of slides from the mid-1960s - I'm not sure if they were taken by my parents, or (more likely, because my parents are in some of the photos but he is not in any of them) by my step-grandfather, Wallace Franklin "Archie" Archibald (1896-1970).

These three were taken some time before December 1966, the date stamped on the slides, when they were processed.  I think this is in our den in our home at 8015 Sharpview in Houston, Texas, but I can't remember a visit from my dad's parents, Paul Robert Pape Sr. (1896-1970) and Elizabeth Florence Massmann Pape (1902-2000), so I can only say the photo was likely taken sometime between the summer of 1964 (when we moved into that house) and December 1966.

From the left:  Mary, me, Brian, Mark, Paul, Elizabeth, and Karen Pape.  I have NO idea who the two little girls on the right are.



These two pictures (the one above and the one below) look like preliminaries to the first photo in this post.  Above, my sister Karen appears to be getting up so Nana (Elizabeth) can sit down.  And my baby sister Mary isn't in the picture yet.  Below, Dad (Fred Pape) seems to be encouraging Mary to stay in the picture.



© Amanda Pape - 2015 - click here to e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment