Friday, November 27, 2015

Friday's Faces From the Past: Baby Shower for Regina Dietz Szpak, August 1990


In August 1990, I was en route from Madison, Wisconsin, back to my then-home in the Seattle area, and I spent a couple days with my Pape relatives in the Chicago area.  I had the opportunity to go to a baby shower for my first cousin Regina Dietz Szpak, pictured at right.  Her first child, daughter Courtney, was born at the end of September that year.

I stayed with my Uncle Bob and Aunt Lorrie Pape, and went to the shower with my first cousins, sisters Bobbie Pape Johnson and Judy Pape Schaller, pictured below.  Bobbie was expecting her second child, daughter Callie Marie who was born at the end of October that year.


Also at the shower was my cousin Shelly Dietz Sowinski, Regina's older sister:

Regina's other older sister, my first cousin Ruth Ann Dietz Zidek, was also there.  She's pictured below with her sister-in-law, her older brother Ron's wife, Cathy Sheehan Dietz, who'd just had her fourth child two months before:



© Amanda Pape - 2015 - click here to e-mail me.

1 comment:

  1. All these throwback pictures are really very cute dear and reminds me of my baby shower at best Chicago venues. I had so much fun that day and I still thank my sister for throwing that amazing party for me.

    ReplyDelete