Friday, May 2, 2014

Friday's Faces From the Past: Military Memories - Service in My Family


I'm celebrating my military ancestors during the month of May 2014, Military Memories Month, here are photos of some of my ancestors and relatives who have served our country, with links to their stories:

Top row, left to right:
Civil War service:
-Jacob Shelton, my great-great-great-grandfather, Confederate
-Joseph William Wolfe, my great-great-grandfather, Union
Spanish-American War service:
Louis Henry Wolfe, my great-grandfather
Hugo Aloysius Pape, my first cousin two times removed

Middle row, left to right:
-Fred Pape, my dad, Korean War
-Paul Pape, my grandfather, and his brothers Walter and Lee, World War I (their parents are also in the photo)
-Francis Edward Gresham, my father-in-law, World War II

Bottom row, left to right, all World War II:
-Frank James "Bud" Streff, my uncle
-Paul Robert "Bob" Pape, my uncle (he also served in the Korean War)
-Gordon Merritt Parks, husband of my first cousin once removed (he also served in the Korean War)
-Charles Peter Guokas III, my uncle

While I don't have the content available to write for a series of writing prompts on this topic, I will write when I can, and I plan to post some more pictures and stories from my father's years in the service during the month.

© Amanda Pape - 2014 - click here to e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment