Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tombstone Tuesday: Papes and Massmanns, All Saints Cemetery, Des Plaines, Illinois

The photo above was taken at All Saints Cemetery in Des Plaines, Illinois, by one of my Streff cousins before the graveside service for my Nana, my paternal grandmother, Elizabeth Florence Massmann Pape, on January 19, 2000. Nana was born on December 23, 1902, and passed away on January 13, 2000.  She was buried next to my Grandpa, Paul Robert Pape, who was born on July 1, 1896, and died on April 24, 1970.  The photos at left and below were taken by my parents, Frederick Henry Pape and Geraldine Margaret Guokas Pape, at various times over the last 11+ years.
The imposing monument is a result of my great-grandfather, Frederick Henry Massmann (born December 1, 1875; died November 3, 1948), who at one point in his life was president of the National Tea Company and was rather wealthy. He is buried here along with my great-grandmother Elizabeth Camilla Dienes Massmann (born September 10, 1877, died December 3, 1946), his son and daughter-in-law Alfred and Agatha Burke Massmann, Nana and Grandpa, grandson Paul Robert "Bob" Pape Jr. and his wife Delores "Lorrie" Olker Pape, and granddaughter Rose Mary Pape Dietz and her husband Ronald Dietz.

©copyright Amanda Pape - 2011 - click here to e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment