Monday, September 12, 2022

Happy 92nd Birthday to My Aunt!


My aunt, Sister Jean Marie (Jo Ann) Guokas, turns 92 today!  Here she is during her high school years at Incarnate Word Academy in Houston, Texas, probably around 1945 or 1946.  She's the second girl from the left.  The others are Sally Cunningham, Vera (Veronica) Mae Kallus Klatt (1930-1984), and Mary Therese Scherer O'Brien.  They were known as "The Big Four" of the Class of 1948.  This photo was taken at a picnic at Charlton Park in the Park Place neighborhood in southeast Houston.


© Amanda Pape - 2022 - e-mail me!

2 comments:

  1. 92 years old - great age. Do you know what happened to the others girls of the Great Four? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alexsandra, good question. Vera died in 1984. My aunt tells me Mary Theresa is still alive and they are still in touch. She says Sally did not graduate with her class - apparently she moved away not long after this picture was taken, and my aunt lost track of her.

      Delete