Friday, May 10, 2019

Friday's Faces From the Past: Happy Birthday to My Cousin Ron!

Below is a photograph taken in June 1954 of my aunt, Rose Mary "Moe" Pape Dietz (1931-2007), and her husband Ronald Joseph "Das" Dietz (1931-1994), holding their firstborn, son, Ronald Paul Dietz, who is about a month old.



The photo above was cropped out of the photo below...



...which was cropped out of the image below, which was taken at 2093 West Lunt Avenue in Chicago, Illinois.  This is a Kodachrome slide I found in the study of my late father, Frederick Henry Pape (1929-2017).  The original includes my mother, Geraldine Guokas Pape (leaning over the ledge at the front door landing), as well as my uncle Frank James "Bud" Streff Sr. (1925-2014), whose head is visible on the right.  In front of him are his three oldest children, from front to back, they are Marianne, Bud Jr., and Rosemary (1949-2016).




My parents, who were engaged at the time, had traveled to Chicago for the wedding of Dad's older brother, Paul Robert "Bob" Pape Jr. (1926-2008), as Dad was the best man in the wedding.  More images from that day and times around it to come!


© Amanda Pape - 2019 - e-mail me!

No comments:

Post a Comment