Sunday, April 7, 2019

Sentimental Sunday: "Old 'Droopy Britches' Himself" - Winona, Minnesota, ABT October 1951

Last year, while cleaning out the study of my late father, Frederick Henry Pape (1929-2017), I found a number of old black-and-white photos from the early and mid-1950s.  Some of them appear to have been taken by his father, my Grandpa, Paul Robert Pape (1896-1970), and may have been sent to my dad during his time in Korea.  Grandpa put numbers on the front of the images, and also wrote captions on the back.  The caption on this one said, "Winona Minn Old 'Droopy Britches' himself."



That's Grandpa in the picture.  No idea what kind of car that is, but it's the same one as in a photo of my aunt, Marilyn Pape Hedger, that I posted five weeks ago.  Another photo from the same roll, also taken in Winona, is dated October 1951, so I'm guessing this photo is from the same time.  Marilyn attended the College of Saint Teresa in Winona around this time, so that is probably why they were there.


© Amanda Pape - 2019 - e-mail me!

No comments:

Post a Comment