Wednesday, October 24, 2018

(Almost-) Wordless Wednesday: Stills from a 1927-1928 Home Movie

Here are more still images of family from the digitized 1927-1928 home movie I have written about previously.  These images are from a clip of a visit to Lincoln Park in Chicago, which I will post and write more about tomorrow.

Below is my grandmother, Nana, Elizabeth Florence Massmann Pape (1902-2000).



She is holding my uncle Paul Robert "Bob" Pape Jr. (1926-2008), pictured below.  Uncle Bob was born in January 1926, so he would have been about two years old when this movie was made.



The next two pictures have Uncle Bob and Nana interacting with each other.  There appear to be ferns or palms in the background - I think they are in the Lincoln Park Conservatory.




The next two photos have my great aunt, Agatha Patricia Burke Massmann (1903-1979) is holding her oldest child Alfred John "Jack" Massmann (1926-1999), born just six months after his first cousin, my Uncle Bob.





© Amanda Pape - 2018 - click here to e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment