Friday, July 20, 2018

Friday's Faces From the Past: 50th Wedding Anniversary in Lithuania


My third cousin Osvaldas Guokas recently shared this picture.  It was taken in
1979 in Panevėžys, Lithuania.  It is of my first-cousin-twice-removed Juozapas Guokas (born 1902) and his wife, Konstancija Tamošiūnaitė Guokienė, on their 50th wedding anniversary  They are the seated couple.  Behind Konstancija is her relative (haven't figured out yet how they are related), Ona Tamošiūnaitė Radauskienė Marcinkus (1907-1988) Behind Juozapas is Ona's daughter Bernice Ann Radauskas Dylo (1940-2004).  Bernice and Ona were visiting Lithuania at this time.  The man standing in the back is Aleksandras Dura.  His mother and Ona Tamošiūnaite-Radauskienė were sisters.  Ona was between husbands.  My first-cousin-twice-removed Leonas "Leo" Radauskas (1889-1973) had died, and she married her second husband, Michael William Marcinkus (1899-1987), in 1983.


© Amanda Pape - 2018 - click here to e-mail me.

3 comments:

  1. " Osvaldas didn't identify the man standing in the back," this man is my grandfather Aleksandras Dura. His mother and Ona Tamošiūnaite-Radauskienė are sisters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daiva, I am just now seeing your comment! Thank you so much; I will edit the post to include this information.

      Delete
    2. Dear Amanda, thank you for your answer. Yesterday I read a letter (1981year) from Ona Radauskiene, in which she thanked me for the congratulations on her birthday. I always think of Aunt Ona. Even though I was little. But I remember her... These memories are very dear to me.
      You can write to me (if you can of course) by email: daivabubeliene@gmail.com

      Delete