Sunday, April 29, 2018

Sentimental Sunday: Aldona Radauskaitė Zigmantavičienė, 1934-2018

I was sad to hear from my cousin Osvaldas Guokas of the recent death of my second cousin once removed, Aldona Radauskaitė Zigmantavičienė, at the age of 84.  I had hoped to meet her next summer in Lithuania and thank her for sharing so many stories and photographs of the Radauskas family.

Here is a hand-drawn Radauskas family chart that Aldona shared with Osvaldas about a year ago (click on it to see it full-size).  The couple in the center is Aldona's grandparents, Ignacijus (Ignas) Radauskas and Agota Guokaitė Radauskienė.  Agota is the sister of my great-grandfather Charles Guokas Sr.


Here are what some of the words or abbreviations in the chart mean:
Sūnus = son
Duktė = daughter
Vaikų neturėjo = has no children
Mirė = died
Gim. (Gimė) = born
JAV = USA
A.t.A. = abbreviation fot amžiną Tau atilsį, meaning eternal rest (i.e. R.I.P.)


© Amanda Pape - 2018 - click here to e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment