Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Remembering Dad


Above:  Dad cleans my car windows, 12 March 2006, Fredericksburg, Texas


I haven't been posting much for the last two months, even though I have plenty to write about, as my father, Fred Pape, passed away rather unexpectedly eight weeks ago, on November 6, 2017.  I am going to try to post a little more in the new year 2018, particularly photographs (especially since I found some I've never seen before in my parents' home).  This is one I've had for some time, but it says a lot about the kind of man Dad was.  Every time I would drive to visit my parents in Fredericksburg, Dad would clean my car windows before I left.


© Amanda Pape - 2018 - click here to e-mail me.

4 comments:

  1. Joaquin Cervantes JrJanuary 4, 2018 at 5:42 AM

    Amanda, You were Blessed to have such a great ,considerate, loving DAD. Continue to keep him in your heart, thoughts and prayers. He will always be with you.
    -Joaquin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joaquin, and thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. This is such a cool picture. Dads are so special...and you have a GREAT one. It is so awesome you have the picture to share with others.

    Thinking about you and your Mom.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tracy, and thanks for commenting!

      Delete