Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sentimental Sunday: Charles Sr. & Elizabeth Banavich Guokas & baby, 1901-1903

There was no identifying information on the back of this photograph, but since it was found among my maternal grandfather's things after he passed away, my mother and I assume that the adults in the photograph are her grandparents and my great-grandparents, Charles Peter Guokas Sr. and his second wife, Elizabeth Banavich/Bonewitz/Bovits (I've seen it spelled all three ways) Guokas.

I'm not entirely sure who the baby is.  It could be my grandfather, Charles Peter Guokas Jr. (born 1903), but I believe it is more likely his older sister, Elizabeth Wanda "Lizzie" Guokas (born 1901).  My reasoning is that if this baby was my grandfather, his older sister would also be in the photograph. Perhaps it is instead Justice, their first-born son, who was born and died in 1902.  We'll never know.

© Amanda Pape - 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment