Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wordless Wednesday: Same Person?

........




















The photo on the left is definitely my maternal great-grandfather, Louis Henry Wolfe, 1874-1929. It's from his 1920 passport application. The photo on the right - I'm not so sure about. It was found among my maternal grandmother's photographs after she passed away, with no identifying information. My mother seems to think it is her grandfather and my grandmother's father, Louis Henry Wolfe, but I'm wondering if it might be Louis Henry's father, Joseph William Wolfe, 1845-1918. I have some other photos of the latter that make me think this is also him.

© Amanda Pape - 2010

ETA April 25, 2012:  Turns out I was looking at the wrong passport application photo!  See this post for a correction.

No comments:

Post a Comment