Saturday, October 19, 2019

Happy 91st Birthday to My Mom!

Today my mom, Geraldine Margaret Guokas Pape, turns 91.  Here are a couple of pictures of her from about 1932, when she was four years old.  She is outside the family's then-home of 1717 Shearn in Houston, Texas.   I think in this first photo, she is outside the side of the house that faced Shearn, and the porch behind her had been rebuilt since 1908-1909.



This second photo is looking down the street from outside the house - I think looking west down Shearn, at houses on the north side of the 1700 block.   I believe the house just above her head is 1704 Shearn, built in 1930 (according to the accessor's records) and still standing (and restored!) today.



Both photos are stamped on the back with the number 27 and a logo for Gregg and the saying, "Gregg's Crest Marks the Best."  The 1932 Houston city directory shows (on page 653) a V. Elmo Gregg and Paul E. Gregg operating Gregg & Son, a photo finishing service, at 810-12 Caroline in Houston.


© Amanda Pape - 2019 - e-mail me!

No comments:

Post a Comment