Wednesday, March 25, 2015

(Not-So-) Wordless Wednesday: Fearless Female Sara Melzina Wolfe, ABT 1925-6

This is a picture of my maternal grandmother, Sara Melzina Wolfe Guokas Archibald (1907-1997) that I am guessing was taken in late 1925 or early 1926, when she was 18 or 19.  A note on the back in my handwriting says she was 17, but a stamp on the back of the photo puts it on the same roll of film as a couple pictures of my maternal grandfather, Charles Peter Guokas Jr. (1903-1967) - in fact, the same tree and fence are visible in one of the pictures, and they all have the fogging in the bottom half from inadvertent exposure of the film to light.  Since my grandparents married in July 1926, I think the photo was taken sometime in the year prior to that.

© Amanda Pape - 2015 - click here to e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment