Thursday, February 23, 2012

Those Places Thursday: 2093 West Lunt Avenue, Chicago, Illinois, 1938

A while back I wrote about the house my dad, Frederick Henry Pape, grew up in at 2093 West Lunt Avenue in the Rogers Park area of Chicago, Illinois.  I scanned a number of Dad's photos that were taken outside of that house, and here are a couple of them, from 1938:

In the photo at left, Dad is standing with his older (and here, taller) brother Bob (Paul Robert Pape Jr., 1926-2008).  On the far left are their two younger sisters, Rose Mary Pape Dietz (1931-2007) and Marilyn Pape Hedger.  This photo was taken in February 1938, likely on the house's west side.

In the photo above right are Dad and his older sister, Betty Marie, taken in May 1938 on the front porch of the house.  Doesn't my nine-year-old dad look dapper in his suit and hat?

© Amanda Pape - 2012 - click here to e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment