Saturday, April 9, 2011

Status Report

For a variety of reasons, I haven't been blogging as much as I'd like since the beginning of the year.  For one thing, I've used a lot of my "free" time working on income taxes, as our situation (and my son's) were rather complex this year.  Also, I've been doing a lot of work at my mother's request researching our various brick walls, and have not been very successful.  Not that there's nothing to write about, as I've had some successes in other research areas, just have not sat down and written about them (I'm also at least five posts behind on my book reviews).  And I'm WAY behind on gardening tasks.

However, now the taxes are finally done, so after doing some more work on my mom's requests (this weekend, as I will see her and Dad on Tuesday and Wednesday) and some weeding done and mulch film down and canteloupe seeds planted in the beds in the backyard, I will hopefully be back to blogging more regularly!

During the past 16 months that this blog has existed, I've been honored by being named a recipient of a number of awards by my fellow bloggers:

Ancestor Approved Awards from Joan Hill of Roots'n'Leaves, Debbie of Mascot Manor, Joy Burkhart of Tomorrow's Memories, and Sharn White of FamilyHistory4U;

Happy 101 Sweet Friends Awards from Joan again and from Greta Koehl of Greta's Genealogy Bog (yup, I'm in a bog too--love that blog name!);

a One Lovely Blog Award from A Rootdigger (who has many blogs), and

the Kreativ Blogger Award from Elizabeth O'Neal of Little Bytes of Life.

Thank you for the recognition, and more importantly, for taking the time to comment. Unfortunately, for the same reasons that I'm so behind on blogging, I can't fulfill the various requirements of these awards, so I won't be displaying them in my sidebar.  However, I am going to try to be better about commenting on other's blogs, and not just when I think I have something relevant to say. :)

©2011 copyright Amanda Pape - click here to e-mail me.

3 comments:

  1. You should display them proudly. You have earned them, whether you name fifteen others or not. But it is your choice.
    Your blog looks so neat and tidy, it's a personal choice. Some have links to their awards. I myself am thinking how I can link more to clean up my blog a bit.

    I have to admit I had to carefully choose of those I know who had posted past 2010 at least once 2011 for sure. It seems as you go down the list they have it. You think you have found one, then as your about to present it by a comment you discover they have already been asked.

    I wasn't sure how to address your blog name, I think I'll list it at the side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve the awards! I love your blog. We have really interesting stories, photos, and posts. You ALWAYS make me want to research and post more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks Rootdigger and Tracy!

    ReplyDelete