Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tombstone Tuesday: Francis and Jewel Moore Gresham Memorial


My in-laws, Francis Edward Gresham (1911 - 1990) and Jewel Moore Gresham (1914 - 1994), were cremated.  Their cremains are buried in a little garden on the property of my sister-in-law and her husband, on a hillside above the White Salmon River in Washington, overlooking Mount Hood in Oregon.  My father-in-law loved to fish, so this is appropriate.  Although both were born in Texas, they had lived in Washington state since 1960.  My mother-in-law was an avid gardener, and some of her favorite flowers are planted at this spot.  Nearby are vineyards, a fruit and nut orchard, and extensive vegetable gardens.  If my mother-in-law was still alive, today would have been her 97th birthday.  The stone above the cremains reads: 
Gone yet not forgotten,
although we are apart,
your spirit lives within me,
forever in my heart.
© Amanda Pape - 2011 - click here to e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment