Wednesday, September 15, 2010

(Not So) Wordless Wednesday: My Little Sister Mary, Christmas 1966

Recently I received an e-mail from my youngest sister, Mary. She needed pictures of herself from around ages 2-7 and discovered she didn't have any. As the fifth of five children, by the time she came along, our parents were no longer getting portraits of their babies at three months, six months, one year, two years, and so on, as they had when I (the eldest) was born.

However, I got my first camera when I turned nine, which is when Mary was one-and-a-half. Luckily, she made a pretty good subject back then so I had a number of photos of her. They were taken on a Brownie camera so they are grainy and not very good - but hey, at least they exist. I scanned a bunch of these pictures the last weekend, ordered some prints for her, and also sent her the scans (and the originals so she can get them scanned someplace better if she desires).  This particular picture was taken on Christmas morning in 1966, just a couple months after Mary turned two.

© Amanda Pape - 2010

3 comments:

  1. Great picture!

    As the last children there are few pictures of my sister Stacy and I. However because we are twins, there are more than of the two middle girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent the scans to Snapfish for prints and most came out BETTER than the originals - the only exceptions were a couple I'd cropped drastically and enlarged what I hadn't cropped out - those are very grainy.

    ReplyDelete