Sunday, November 9, 2014

Sentimental Sunday: Fun Times at Columbus Air Force Base, 1951

The cadets at Columbus Air Force Base had some free time, and often went out with girls from Mississippi State College for Women (now Mississippi University for Women, and co-ed) in nearby Columbus.

Above is a photo of Dad and another cadet with their dates at what looks like some kind of beach.  Dad says, "Right now I can’t remember which of my cadet buddies was in the picture. The girl in front of me in the first picture was my date (she’s the one on the left in the second picture)," below.


Both photos are stamped "June 26, 1951" on the backs, meaning they were taken sometime before that film processing and photo printing date.

© Amanda Pape - 2014 - click here to e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment