Wednesday, January 1, 2014

(Not-So-) Wordless Wednesday: Happy New Year!



I took these pictures of "snow people," made by staff members out of milk jugs, when I had to open and close my library on Saturday, December 14.  This was the last display in our large display case that separated the inner and outer lobbies.  Less than a week later, the display case was gone, demolished to make way for the next phase of a Learning Commons project that is re-making our main level.

When I go back to work tomorrow, after nearly two weeks off, it's going to be very different in our building, as this latest phase affects the entry area and access to the other two levels of the library.  I'm a little apprehensive about these short-term changes but also excited about long-term effects to come.  Rather appropriate for a new year!

Some things change, but some things stay the same.  I have lots more photos and stories to share in this blog.  In 2014, I plan to post at least once a week and hopefully more often - except when I'm without the internet!

[Going off the grid in a few days - comment moderation will be temporarily turned on for a while too.]

© Amanda Pape - 2014 - click here to e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment