Wednesday, March 30, 2016

(Not-So-) Wordless Wednesday: TAMU RPTS Stories - Pictures from My Friends

The following pictures are NOT from the scrapbook I kept in 1976-1977 as the Reporter-Historian of the Texas A&M University Recreation and Parks Club.  Instead, they are ones from 1975 to 1977 that some of my other club friends posted on Facebook, and gave me permission to share in anticipation of the 50th anniversary of the Recreation, Park, and Tourism Sciences Department.  


Above:  (Mostly) R&P students on their way to Wurstfest in New Braunfels in November 1975.  From the left:  Jack Scaife '76, Tomye Folts ('05, Master of Natural Resources Development '08), Jim Eley '77, Betsy Paez '76, Joaquin Cervantes '76,  Hap Weaver '76,  Lynn Timken '79, and Johnny Cervantes (not RP).  Photo courtesy Joaquin Cervantes.

Below:  Members of a RP 209 (which back then was Park Maintenance and Operations) class, probably in Spring 1977.  Those who I (think I) recognize in the picture are, standing from left to right, Glenn Highfill '79, Art Pena '78, Lynn Timken '79,  Debbie Bishop '79, Jim Pack '78, and Corbin Rinehart '78.  I don't recognize the two people standing at the right, nor the two on the crossbeam.  The class had just finished building a playground at an elementary school in Bryan.  Photo courtesy Debbie Bishop Janysek.



© Amanda Pape - 2016 - click here to e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment