Friday, November 15, 2013

Friday's Faces From The Past: Mom, Dad, & Sister Jean Marie in Bryan, Texas, ABT Mid-1950s


This photo is from a slide that was among other slides of my parents' dating and honeymoon, so I think it was taken around the same time - somewhere between 1953 and 1955.  Mom tells me that Nani, her mother and my grandmother, would pack a picnic lunch with fried chicken for Mom and Dad to take from Houston to Bryan, Texas, where Mom's sibling Sister Jean Marie was teaching at St. Joseph Catholic School at the time.  The Incarnate Word Sisters of Houston staffed the school from 1930 through 1981, and my aunt Sister Jean Marie taught in elementary Catholic Schools in Baytown, Bryan, and Houston from 1948 through 1955, before starting a Catholic high school teaching and leadership career that spanned from 1955 through 1982, followed by parish religious education through 2011.
 
© Amanda Pape - 2013 - click here to e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment