Friday, January 21, 2011

A Video: Our Pape Ancestors


Totally inspired by Amy Coffin of We Tree, to the point where I used the same music - mostly because I did not have time to search for something else! I needed to do something for a "film festival" my library staff was doing this past Wednesday. I knew Amy before she became a genealogy goddess, so I knew she was only human like the rest of us, and I thought - if she can do it, I can do it too! I did the first draft of this video in two-plus days, using Windows Movie Maker. This was my very first video (although I have done a number of Powerpoints and Animotos). I posted it in my "Family" group on Facebook (started by my cousin Tom) and got lots of helpful suggestions and positive feedback from my cousins and sister. I made a few changes and here it is. Let me know what you think!

(Warning: It's 3.5 minutes long and has music. Also, enlarging the above video to full-screen makes some images blurry. If you are a friend of mine on Facebook, the viewer below should work - let me know if it does not!)



© Amanda Pape - 2011

3 comments:

  1. Excellent!!! Great job, thoroughly enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ~ This is wonderful. I enjoyed it very much,thanks for your never-ending talents. You have lit the torch under my posterior to add this to my to do list after I collect a few more photos and facts...which I laughingly refer to as... F and F. Getting to know you and your family through this wonderful blog has been enjoyable. A journey that is so beautifully documented and I can see where the gene for that came from. You have truly been blessed. ...and you're a pretty smart cookie on top of that. Your new friend. Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy, and thanks so much for sharing the image of Aunt Gret's watercolor!

      Delete